Sparkle Frosty Frolic & Flavors Frosty Frolic
Outdoor downtown soirees celebrating local food with fire pits, tunes, and tasty treats.
The Sparkle edition will also feature gifts for giving from local makers. The Flavors edition is only for food products.
- Saturday, December 9, 2023 (severe weather date: Sunday, December 10, 2023)
- Saturday, February 24, 2024 (severe weather date: Sunday, February 25, 2024)
- 10 am – 4 pm
- Freeport Historical Society Harrington House Courtyard and Parking Lot, 45 Main St., Freeport
- Food Truck: $75
- 10 X 10 Pop-Up or Cart: $50
- Booth fees are waived for Visit Freeport members who are using space for giveaways, tastings, etc.
Please do not send payment until you have been accepted. Once accepted, you will receive payment instructions.
Before submitting an application, please review the rules & regulations outlined below. If you cannot meet any of the conditions or expectations here, please do not apply. Any questions about the application process or town permits, may be emailed to [email protected]
- Visit Freeport will provide the marketing, music, seating, heaters, fire features, restrooms, snow removal and salt/sand as needed.
Frosty Frolics are free and open to the public. Parking is free and plentiful. The site is in the heart of downtown. We curate the food truck and merchant line-up to ensure variety!
- Visit Freeport will be using our Freeport Foodie Lotto game as an attendance driver for the Flavors edition. In this game launched in 2020, participants earn entries by collecting stamps from participating food retailers & restaurants. Grand prize is $1000 cash! Each vendor will be provided with game pieces and instructions upon arrival.
- Food trucks & trailers must obtain a permit required by the Town of Freeport. Visit Freeport staff will assist with the application process but fee and permitting are the responsibility of the participant. Town of Freeport Permit Information & Forms
- Food trucks & trailers must be self-contained and use only whisper-quiet generators. Because it is winter, you may run your engine as needed.
- Pop-up and cart spaces are also available in the parking lot and in the courtyard. For the Sparkle edition we will focus on additional foods as well as locally made gifts. For the Flavors edition, only food related products will be accepted.
- Pop-ups must supply all their own fixtures. Tents are not required, but if used must be outfitted with appropriate weights. Limited power may be available but must be requested at the time of application.
- You must provide trash cans for customer waste. You must be prepared to pack out this garbage and any trash from your food truck operation.
- Public WiFi is not readily available and cellular coverage varies greatly by carrier and location within Freeport. We recommend that you bring any devices to the location in advance to test your signal strength and reliability.
- All exhibitors are required to comply with any local, state or federal tax or licensing requirements that apply to their business.
- The use of illegal drugs is not permitted. Smoking and vaping is also not permitted within the event area, if you must smoke or vape please exit the show area and allow at least 20 feet from any nearby business.
- Deadline for payment will be 14 days after acceptance. No refunds after this date.
- Refunds are not issued to those not satisfied with location or sales.
- Visit Freeport staff will review the weather forecast on Friday mornings and make any decisions about using the severe weather date by noon. No refunds are provided for inclement weather.