Visit Freeport’s Sparkle Celebration – Frosty Frolic
December 10 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
We’re introducing the Sparkle edition of our very popular Frosty Frolic with food trucks, fire pits, holiday tunes, tasty treats, plus locally made gifts for giving. Bundle up and join us at the Freeport Historical Society’s Harrington House courtyard and in the parking lot immediately behind the Freeport Oyster Bar at 45 Main St.
Admission is free! Purchase food & beverages directly from the participating purveyors.
Ready to give back this season? Bring a donation for our collection of personal goods for Freeport Community Services. Their wish list includes:
- Body soap
- Female hygiene products
- Baby shampoo
- Baby lotion
- Men’s deodorant
- Women’s deodorant
- Toilet tissue
- Shaving cream
Holiday Music Schedule:
11 am – 1 pm: The FLUKES
The FLUKES – or the Falmouth Library Ukulele Society – boast a membership of over 35 ukulele musicians. They play everything from Bach to the Beatles and beyond! During weekly Wednesday night rehearsals, led by their fearless leader, Nina Allen Miller, they’ve built a repertoire from many different musical genres, practicing, playing and most of all having a lot of fun. For the Frosty Frolic they’ll be sharing their favorite holiday tunes with a unique joyful twist!
1:30 – 3:30 pm: Eileen Rose
Eileen Rose’s music is an authentic, glorious hybrid of honky heroine, Dylan-esque songstress, and road warrior diva. After building a critically acclaimed career in Europe, being musically compared to Patti Smith, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris, Joni Mitchell, and Neil Young, Eileen Rose has returned to her New England roots and now lives right here in Freeport, Maine. North American audiences can fully embrace Elleen’s substantial catalog with new digitally released albums, available on all streaming platforms via Holy Wreckords. For the Frosty Frolic, Eileen and her band will be belting out holiday favorites.
4 – 6 pm: Lisa Redfern
Lisa Redfern is an award-winning singer-songwriter and teacher based in Maine. She first performed with her father, Bob, who taught her to play guitar at age 14. Bob was a folksinger who had his musical beginnings at the legendary Seeger family hootenannies in Washington, DC in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s. With 11 solo recordings to her credit so far (9 CDs and 2 early cassettes), she is a singer-songwriter who blends her roots in folk, bluegrass, country, gospel, blues, and swing to create something unmistakably her own. Lisa’s 11 recordings have garnered positive critical review, extensive radio play and she has also made several TV appearances. For the Frosty Frolic, Lisa will draw heavily from her holiday album, “All is Bright”, 14 sacred songs reflecting the hope of the first Christmas, with voice, guitar and dobro.
Food Trucks & Food Purveyors:
- Athena’s Cantina
- Pinky Ds Poutine
- Freeport Oyster Bar – Winter bar in the pavilion, plus grilled oysters, lobster rolls, & soup for sale outdoors. Full menu inside.
- Betty ReeZ WhoopieZ – Gourmet Whoopie Pies
- Bridgham & Cook, The British Store – complimentary McVities s’mores station and hot Branton meatballs
- DUNKIN’ – free samples of coffee and other hot beverage
- Freeport Glass Studio – handmade glass art made locally
- Maidenhair & Moss Soap Co. – plant-based small batch soaps, shampoo bars, and more, made from scratch, with simple ingredients, on the coast of beautiful Muscongus Bay.
- Dragon’s Breath Pottery – functional stoneware pottery that is food, dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe. Dragonflies and interesting patterns are often used, pots are in colors for every home. Occasionally you will find a sculptural piece, gnome, sea themed bowl, or hanging planters. Each Piece is one of a kind.
- Walt-King Sticks & More – custom woodworking. Canes, Walking Sticks, and Staff customized right to you on site. Ergonomically-correct pens, fiber arts tools, Child-Safe Knives, Wall Clocks, and so much more.
- Support Ukraine: Art by Halya & Cathy Zadoretzky – Support Ukraine is a nonprofit charity that provides military grade helmets and vests to Territorial Defense Units in Ukraine, particularly those that include journalists and filmmakers. It also provides materials to manufacture vests to Ukrainian factories. It was co-founded by Halya & Cathy’s cousin, Olena Yershova, a Ukrainian film producer and her colleague, Pascal Traeschlin, a Swiss film producer and distributor. We offer packets of art notecards that we handprint ourselves as incentives for donations to Support Ukraine. Every dollar collected goes to Support Ukraine.
Brought to you through the generous support of:
Coffee By Design
Island Treasure Toys
Bridgham & Cook, the British Store
FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars
Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store
Wilbur’s of Maine Chocolate
Linda Bean’s Maine Kitchen & Topside Tavern
Stio Mountain Studio
The Met at Freeport
Maine Tree Company
AV Systems of Maine