Sparkle Market Exhibitor Application
2020 Sparkle Market
Vendor Information & Application
Saturday, December 12 from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, December 13 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Makers & Artists are invited to apply to exhibit at the Sparkle Market during the 27th Annual Sparkle Celebration this holiday season. Visit Freeport’s Sparkle Celebration is one of Maine’s most popular holiday celebrations. Other festivities include a Parade of Lights, free horse drawn wagon rides, visits with Santa, a talking Christmas Tree and much more!
Martha Stewart.com has named Freeport one of “The Most Charming Small Towns to Visit During the Christmas Season” and says “There’s simply no better place to do your Christmas shopping than in Freeport, Maine.”
The Sparkle Market will be located inside select available retail spaces on Main Street. Each space will also host either family-friendly activities (model trains, crafts, storytime, face painting.)
Rules & Regulations
1. Only artists & makers will be accepted. A jury will be held in early September of 2020. All applications received before the end of August will be reviewed at that time. The three pictures of your work and your written description along with our past experience with you at Sparkle Market and/or Freeport Fall Festival are the only data we use in reviewing your application. Please take your time in preparing your application and consider that our Jury will be reviewing many others at the same time. All makers & artists will be evaluated for quality as well as to ensure a diverse representation and avoid duplication.
2. Payment will be due within 14 days of acceptance in the Sparkle Market. Credit cards and checks are accepted. Booth fee is still just $100 (less than $7 per hour.)
3. Booth space – Each booth space will be approximately 100 sf. The vast majority will be 10 X 10 but some spaces will be less conventional. A very limited number of double spaces will be available. All fixtures, tables, and display items are your responsibility. Standard electrical outlets are only available if requested at the time of registration and requests are not guaranteed. Electrical service will be confirmed with your location assignment. We expect to have 40 – 50 spaces available.
4. One exhibitor per booth, no sharing. Show is open to artists & makers only.
5. Set-up time will be allocated during confirmation. There will be Friday load-in times available both in the morning and afternoon. Artists may also access the buildings for set-up starting at 8 am on Saturday. PLEASE UNLOAD YOUR CAR AND REMOVE FROM LOADING AREA AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.
6. Artist or an agent of the artist must attend exhibit space at all times during show hours. All exhibitors are required to attend both days.
7. Breakdown on Sunday, December 13 is to begin no earlier than 4:00 pm – those who break down earlier will not be allowed back.
8. Security The buildings we are using will be locked overnight but may not have an active security system. For peace of mind, we recommend taking any valuable or sentimental items with you when you leave. Visit Freeport and the buildings owners and agents are not responsible for any theft or damage.
9. Free Underground Parking is available at the Freeport Village Station for exhibitors during show hours.
10. Cancellation Policy: Due to the short planning window, no refunds will be offered after registration. Refunds are not issued to artists not satisfied with location or sales.
11. Vendor Insurance Coverage: All vendors participating in the Sparkle Market are required to have insurance coverage. For inexpensive, per-event event coverage starting at $49, please visit https://www.actinsurance.com
12. WiFi and Cellular service is not provided nor guaranteed to be available. We strongly suggest you make appropriate provisions in advance.
What to expect after applying:
Please wait to make booth payment and travel arrangements until after a booth space has been assigned to you. We expect to be able to begin that process in early September.