- Returning vendors are not automatically accepted. The courtesy with which returning vendors treat staff, volunteers, fellow vendors and festival attendees will be factored into the final decision. All applications will be evaluated by the event committee. To ensure a diverse and competitive art festival we will allocate a certain number of spaces for different categories. Please send in any space & electricity requests with your application, as it will be first-come, first-served for everyone with priority given to returning exhibitors who are accepted before their requested area is sold out. Please note we cannot guarantee requested spaces. Adjustments may affect the location but not the quality of your display area. Refunds are not issued to artists not satisfied with location or sales. Booth assignments will not be confirmed until August 2020. ARTISTS & MAKERS ONLY.
- 12 x 12 booth space – a limited number of double booths are available. For consistency of the show, 10 x 10 pop-up tents will be required for all artists. Many areas of the show are on pavement or surfaces where tent stakes are not practical or permitted. You must provide weights in the event of strong winds – if you do not have weights bring gallon jugs and something to attach to the tent – they can be filled with water on site. One exhibitor per booth, no sharing. A limited number of double booths are available. Please note that you would like a double booth when you apply.
- Some vendors on the L.L.Bean campus will be invited to set-up on Thursday afternoon from 4pm – 6pm. You will receive information about when you may load-in in August with your booth assignment. For most exhibitors, set-up time begins at 8am on Friday (no earlier please) and ends at 11:30am. PLEASE UNLOAD YOUR CAR AND REMOVE FROM SHOW AREA AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE. Cars must be moved from the festival area by 11:30am (no later). If your booth location is in a “traveled way” you may be asked to hold back your setup to allow for vehicle movement and unloading of adjacent exhibitors. Artist or an agent of the artist must attend exhibit space at all times. Breakdown on Sunday is to begin no earlier than 4:00pm – those who break down earlier will not be allowed back.
- Security is provided overnight for those who choose to leave their booths up. For peace of mind, we recommend taking any valuable or sentimental items with you when you leave. Visit Freeport, L.L.Bean, Key Bank, and landowners are not responsible for any theft or damage.
- Electricity is only available at L.L.Bean and is very limited. Each vendor assigned to a space with electrical service is limited to no more than 15 amps. You must verify that this meets your needs. No additional accommodations are available.
- Free Underground Parking is available at the Freeport Village Station across the street from L.L.Bean. Additional parking, including for large trailers, is located at the Freeport High School off Holbrook Street. We recommend parking off-site so your customers may find convenient parking. Parking is not assigned because spaces are easily found in the morning.
- Please do not send payment until you have been accepted into the show.
- Cancellation Policy: 50% Refund before July 31, 2020; No refunds after this date
- Vendor Insurance Coverage: All vendors participating in the Freeport Fall Festival are required to have insurance coverage. Vendors on the L.L.Bean campus are required to have $2M in coverage. For inexpensive, per-event event coverage starting at $39, please visit https://www.actinsurance.com
Freeport Fall Festival Registration
Freeport Fall Festival Registration
2020 EXHIBITOR AREAS INCLUDE L.L.BEAN, KEY BANK and FREEPORT TOWN HALL.
The application period is now open. All applications received by February 29, 2020 will be considered in the first round of jury selection in early March. Those received after the end of February will be processed in monthly juries as space allows. Please note that the Freeport Fall Festival is a juried show for artists & makers only. Direct sales lines are prohibited.
- October 2-4, 2020
- Friday: 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- L.L.Bean Arts & Crafts Vendors: $250
- L.L.Bean Maine Fare or Bath & Body Vendors: $200
- Key Bank and Freeport Town Hall Vendors: $125
DEADLINE FOR PAYMENT: In order to ensure an accurate event brochure, the deadline for payment will be July 31, 2020. If payment has not been received by this date, your space will be forfeited to a person on the waiting list. If you are accepted into the show after July 31, 2020 you will have two weeks to submit payment to secure your space.
Once accepted, call 207-865-1212 with your credit card information or mail checks to:
P.O. Box 452
Freeport, ME 04032
Rules & Regulations
Visit Freeport’s 22nd Annual Freeport Fall Festival Rules and Regulations
(Dates subject to change, dependent on L.L.Bean’s schedule)
The show will be held 10/2/20 – 10/4/20 unless steady rains are predicted. The show will then be moved to the nicer of the three days, dependent upon forecast. On Thursday, October 1st, the weather call will be made in the early a.m. and all participants will be notified of any change. No refunds are provided for inclement weather. ARTISTS & MAKERS ONLY.
- Our mission is to support Maine food producers and promote them to the thousands of people that visit Freeport. To register for the Fall Festival, we ask that all food offered by vendors be Maine-made by the vendor. Food vendors are encouraged to offer samples and sell product.
- Vendors selling foods to be consumed at the festival and which are located at L.L.Bean will be required to sign and return a food safety agreement supplied by L.L.Bean.
- A limited number of food trucks & trailers are accepted into the show each year. Owners of these businesses should make themselves familiar with the additional permits required by the Town of Freeport. Visit Freeport staff will assist with the application process but all additional fees and permitting are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Due to the close proximity of artisan booths and for the comfort of our visitors: food trucks & trailers must be self-contained and use only whisper-quiet generators. Your vehicle’s engine must be turned off during the event. Trailers must be dropped in their assigned location and the towing vehicle parked outside of the event area.
What to expect after applying.
ALL EXHIBITORS will be reviewed each year. We will share your images and website (if applicable) with our events committee for final approval and contact you with their final decision. Do not send in money until you have been accepted. If you prefer to send digital images for the jury process please send three directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Application period is now open. All applications received by February 29, 2020 will be considered in the first round of jury selection in early March. Those received after the end of February will be processed in monthly juries as space allows.