Before submitting an application, please review the rules & regulations outlined below. If you cannot meet any of the conditions or expectations here, please do not apply. Any questions about the application process or town permits, may be emailed to [email protected]:
- Booth space is $40 per day for artists & makers. Food trucks fees are $50 per day.
- Rain or Shine. No refunds are provided for inclement weather.
- Visit Freeport will provide marketing including a listing on our website, social media, radio, printed brochures and sponsored digital ads.
- Public WiFi is not readily available and cellular coverage varies greatly by carrier and location within Freeport. We recommend that you bring any devices to the location in advance to test your signal strength and reliability.
The event is free and open to the public.
Parking is free and plentiful.
The sites are in the heart of downtown.
- Please note we cannot guarantee requested spaces.
- Refunds are not issued to those not satisfied with location or sales.
- Space assignments will not be confirmed until after the payment deadline of April 1.
- Spaces will be assigned randomly and to reflect the diversity of the products offered as well as to best complement existing stores in Freeport.
- Your location may change from week to week based on availability. We’ll try very hard not to especially if you are doing multiple weeks.
- Cancellation Policy: 50% refund before April 1, 2023; No refunds after this date.
- Vendor applications are accepted on a rolling basis as space allows. However, those accepted after April 1 will not be included in the printed Makers on Main brochure.
- Artists and makers booth spaces are 12 X 12 feet.
- No sharing of booths.
- Electricity is not available in any of the locations.
- Space is limited and may go fast.
- Although we do not use a formal jury, your product photo and description will be reviewed by Visit Freeport staff to be sure you are a good fit for the event.
- Duplication of products offered by brick & mortar stores in Freeport will likely result in instant disqualification.
- Tents are suggested but not required. If you have a tent, you must bring weights (staking is not permitted.) The Town of Freeport requires that all tents have a fireproof rating. Most have a small tag stating they comply with CA fire codes. Any professional tent will be fine, some very inexpensive shade structures do not meet town code and are therefore not permitted.
- Set-up from 7 am – 10 am
- Clean-up from 4 pm – 6 pm
- Pack everything in, and take everything out. Because you will be on private property there will not be dumpsters available for your boxes, etc. Plan to take everything with you
- All vendors are required to have insurance coverage no less than $1M and must supply a copy of their Certificate of Insurance in advance of your first event day. Vendors on the L.L.Bean campus are required to have $2M in coverage. For inexpensive, per-event event coverage, please visit https://www.actinsurance.com
Additional Info for Food Trucks:
Food trucks will be located at the Freeport Historical Society & Freeport Oyster Bar Parking Lot, 45 Main St., Freeport
We can host a maximum of 4 food trucks per date.
- You must obtain a permit required by the Town of Freeport. Visit Freeport staff will assist with the application process but fee and permitting are the responsibility of the participant. Details: https://www.freeportmaine.com/town-clerk/pages/food-trucks
- Food trucks & trailers must be self-contained and use only whisper-quiet generators.
Please do not send payment until you have been accepted. Once accepted, you will receive payment instructions.
Applications are closed for 2023. If you are a food truck operator and would be interested in being an alternate in case of cancellation, please contact us directly.