Makers on Main Vendor Application
Before applying, please refer to the complete rules and regulations for Makers on Main listed below:
- Booth space is $40 per day.
- Rain or Shine. No refunds are provided for inclement weather.
- Please note we cannot guarantee requested spaces. Refunds are not issued to artists not satisfied with location or sales. Space assignments will not be confirmed until after the payment deadline of April 1.
- Spaces will be assigned randomly and to reflect the diversity of the products offered as well as to best compliment existing stores in Freeport.
- Your location may change from week to week based on availability. We’ll try very hard not to especially if you are doing multiple weeks.
- Cancellation Policy: 50% refund before April 1, 2021; No refunds after this date.
- Booth spaces are 10 X 10 and located a minimum of 6 – 10 feet from your nearest neighbor.
- No sharing of booths.
- Electricity is not available in any of the locations.
- Space is limited and may go fast.
- Although we do not use a formal jury, your product photo and description will be reviewed by Visit Freeport staff to be sure you are a good fit for the event.
- Duplication of products offered by brick & mortar stores in Freeport will likely result in instant disqualification.
- We recommend you consider a U shaped layout as required by many Farmer’s Markets to keep shoppers socially distant from each other and from you.
- Tents are suggested but not required. If you have a tent, you must bring weights (staking is not permitted.)
- Set-up from 7 am – 10 am
- Clean-up from 4 pm – 6 pm
- Pack everything in, and take everything out. Because you will be on private property there will not be dumpsters available for your boxes, etc. Plan to take everything with you.
- Vendors required to follow State’s guidelines. We’ll be requiring all vendors to complete a checklist before load-in to verify that we are doing all we can to protect public health.
- Vendors are asked to use contactless payment methods.
- Masks required for vendors and shoppers. Visit Freeport will have free masks at our Information Center at 115 Main St., and in strategic locations throughout town. This will only be relaxed when/if the State of Maine and CDC advise masks are no longer necessary.
- Signage will be posted asking guests to limit touching items they have not yet purchased, staying home if you are sick, number of customers shopping per artist’s booth limited to 1 per side of your display (or 1 family group), follow paths indicated by signage, and to wear a mask.
- Vendors required to provide hand sanitizer for themselves and customers.
- Vendors are required to have $2M in coverage. You can buy inexpensive, event coverage online, for instance https://www.
actinsurance.com For this event we will be asking you to send us a copy or scan of your insurance certificate in advance.
- We have designated food court areas for food trucks and for tented food vendors to be located adjacent to ample parking to appeal to visitors and residents. Fees are the same as artists plus Food Trucks or trailers (anything with a DMV license plate) are required to complete a permit and pay associated fees directly with the Town of Freeport.
- Food vendors are required to abide by the State’s operating guidelines for restaurants.
- Makers on Main has a static landing page on our website: https://www.visitfreeport.com/makersonmain/
- Each maker will have a featured artist page just like the Freeport Fall Festival site which will be posted once you have paid your fees. Once your location is assigned, it will be added to your listing.
- Event pages on Facebook
- Sponsored posts will be running on Facebook and Instagram
- The event will be highlighted in the weekly Explorer enews to 14,000 recipients.
- Banner(s) will be located on Main Street as you approach the event area
- A handout will be printed for each weekend listing the participating vendors, their locations, and website address. It will also be available for download.
Thank you for your interest in Makers on Main.
The application period for our 2021 events has closed. Check back in January of 2022 for a new application cycle to open.
Come visit us this summer to see what Makers on Main is all about in person.