Visit Freeport invites Maine non-profits and government agencies to exhibit and promote the work they do on ocean health & education.
2023 Festival Non-Profit & Government Exhibitors Schedule:
- Saturday, June 24, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 25, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- L.L.Bean parking lots & other adjacent spaces
2023 Booth Fees:
- FREE. The planning committee requests that you donate a prize for the shucking competition. This can be a membership to your organization, hat, t-shirt or other branded swag, a gift certificate for your shop, or anything else that works for you.
Before submitting an application, please review the rules & regulations outlined below. If you cannot meet any of the conditions or expectations here, please do not apply. Any questions about the application process or being an exhibitor at The Maine Oyster Festival, may be emailed to [email protected]
- Only non-profits and government agencies working in Maine on ocean health, ocean education or related topics may exhibit. If you are not sure if your organization is a good fit for the Festival, email [email protected]
- Space is limited and will be allocated in order of application. Specific booth assignments will not be confirmed until after the deadline.
- Each participating organization will have a web listing including your logo, photos, description, and links to your website and social media accounts. Each organization will also be highlighted on Visit Freeport and The Maine Oyster Festival social media accounts.
- Each booth is 12′ x 12′. In some locations there may be larger aisles between booths but in many cases you may have neighbors on three sides.
- White 10′ x 10′ pop-up tents are required for all exhibitors. The Town of Freeport requires that all tents have a fireproof rating. Most have a small tag stating they comply with CA fire codes. Any professional tent will be fine, some very inexpensive shade structures do not meet town code and are therefore not permitted. If you don’t have access to a tent, we can provide one. Just make that request when you register.
- Booths will be located on hard surfaces. You must provide weights for your tent unless you are using one of ours.
- Electricity is not available.
- Sign up for one or both days!
- You may request a table and chairs. All other booth fixtures are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- There is no central location for trash generated by your booth. Exhibitors must be prepared to pack out everything they bring in.
- Public WiFi is not readily available and cellular coverage varies greatly by carrier and location within Freeport. We recommend that you bring any devices to your exact booth location in advance to test your signal strength and reliability.
- You may sell memberships, products with your logo, items from your gift shops, etc.
- We also highly encourage you to offer an activity, game or other interactive element to engage visitors at your booth.
- We have additional dedicated spaces for kid’s crafts. If you are interested in hosting one during the weekend, please contact Margaret before you apply for exhibitor space. An honorarium may be available depending upon the scope of your craft activity.
- L.L.Bean prohibits games of chance (raffles, etc), direct solicitation of donations, or collecting contact information from Festival goers (for instance, sign-ups for email newsletters.) This does not include collecting what is required in the course of a sale or transaction.
- DEADLINE: In order to ensure an accurate event brochure, the deadline for sign-up is May 1, 2023.
- Set-up time begins at 7am on Saturday or Sunday.
- Breakdown on Saturday is to begin no earlier than 6 pm, on Sunday 4pm – those who break down earlier will not be invited back.
- Visit Freeport contracts with a private company to provide overnight security on Saturday night. For peace of mind, we recommend taking any valuable or sentimental items with you when you leave each day. Visit Freeport and L.L.Bean are not responsible for any theft or damage.
- Free Underground Parking is available at the Freeport Village Station across the street from L.L.Bean. Additional parking, including for large trailers, is located at the Freeport High School off Holbrook Street. We recommend parking off-site so your customers may find convenient parking. Parking is not assigned because spaces are easily found in the morning.