Visit Freeport invites Maine non-profits and government agencies to exhibit and promote the work they do on ocean health & education.
2024 Festival Non-Profit & Government Exhibitors Schedule:
- Saturday, June 29, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday, June 30, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- L.L.Bean Moose Parking Lot & Mallard Parking Lot behind Freeport Historical Society
2024 Booth Fees:
Before submitting an application, please review the rules & regulations outlined below. If you cannot meet any of the conditions or expectations here, please do not apply. Any questions about the application process or being an exhibitor at The Maine Oyster Festival, may be emailed to [email protected]
- Only non-profits and government agencies working in Maine on ocean health, ocean education or related topics may exhibit. If you are not sure if your organization is a good fit for the Festival, email [email protected]
- Space is limited and will be allocated in order of application. Specific booth location assignments will not be confirmed until after the deadline.
- Each participating organization will have a web listing including your logo, photos, description, and links to your website and social media accounts. Each organization will also be highlighted on Visit Freeport and The Maine Oyster Festival social media accounts.
- Each booth is 12′ x 12′. In some locations there may be larger aisles between booths but in many cases, you may have neighbors on three sides.
- White 10′ x 10′ pop-up tents are required for all exhibitors. The Town of Freeport requires that all tents have a fireproof rating. Most have a small tag stating they comply with CA fire codes. Any professional tent will be fine, some very inexpensive shade structures do not meet town code and are therefore not permitted. If you don’t have access to a tent, we can provide one. Just make that request when you register.
- Booths will be located on hard surfaces. You must provide weights for your tent unless you are using one of ours.
- Electricity is not available.
- Sign up for one or both days!
- You may request a table and chairs. All other booth fixtures are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- You may sell memberships, products with your logo, items from your gift shops, etc.
- We also highly encourage you to offer an activity, game or other interactive element to engage visitors at your booth.
- We have additional dedicated spaces for kid’s crafts. If you are interested in hosting one during the weekend, please contact Margaret before you apply for exhibitor space. An honorarium may be available depending upon the scope of your craft activity.
- L.L.Bean prohibits games of chance (raffles, etc), direct solicitation of donations, or collecting contact information from Festival goers (for instance, sign-ups for email newsletters.) This does not include collecting what is required in the course of a sale or transaction. This rule only pertains to booths in the Moose Parking Lot. Exhibitors in the Mallard Parking Lot have no restrictions.
- DEADLINE: In order to ensure an accurate event brochure, the deadline for sign-up is May 1, 2024.
- Set-up time begins at 7am on Saturday or Sunday.
- Breakdown on Saturday is to begin no earlier than 6 pm, on Sunday 4pm – those who break down earlier will not be invited back.
- Visit Freeport contracts with Garbage to Garden for Festival trash removal. This is expensive! Please do not add waste from your booth to our financial burden. Take your cardboard boxes and other exhibitor related trash with you!
- Public WiFi is not readily available and cellular coverage varies greatly by carrier and location within Freeport. We recommend that you bring any devices to your exact booth location in advance to test your signal strength and reliability.
- Visit Freeport contracts with a private company to provide overnight security at each Festival location on Saturday night. For peace of mind, we recommend taking any valuable or sentimental items with you when you leave for the day. Visit Freeport, L.L.Bean, Freeport Village Station, Town of Freeport, and other property owners are not responsible for any theft or damage.
- Unless issued a parking waiver (ADA hang tag holders, self-driving food trucks, other approved reason) all exhibitors will be required to park offsite during the Festival. A free shuttle is provided. Details will be provided with your booth assignment.
- The consumption of alcohol and the use of illegal drugs is not permitted in any of the festival areas. Smoking and vaping is also not permitted within the festival sites. If you must smoke or vape, please exit the show area and allow at least 20 feet from any nearby business.
- Exhibitor Insurance Coverage: All vendors participating in The Maine Oyster Festival are required to have insurance coverage no less than $1M and must supply a copy of their Certificate of Insurance in advance of the festival. Those on the L.L.Bean campus are required to have $2M in coverage. For inexpensive, per-event event coverage, please visit https://www.actinsurance.com
- In the event that there is guidance from the State of Maine and CDC regarding SPECIAL EVENTS AND FESTIVALS and any infectious disease, any recommendations or requirements in effect at the time of the Festival will be enforced by Visit Freeport. This includes, but is not limited to, masking for participants and vendors, hand sanitizer stations, social distancing, etc.